This will be a Contract to Hire position!!
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
To apply knowledge and experience in the design, development and integration of moderately complex designs, specifications, and procedures and use these skills to analyze the designs and evaluate design performance and produce technical reports. The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the coordinating the integration of aircraft mission system upgrades and aircraft structural repair, modification and/or alteration.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS AND DUTIES
• Conducts research concerned with design, manufacture and test of mechanical, structural, or electrical components, equipment and systems, including application of equipment to new uses.
• Creates and analyzes these designs for use in ground based and aircraft applications.
• Prepares documentation of moderately complex engineering designs using required software.
• Prepares and corrects drawings to ensure that products are in accordance with proper engineering techniques and specifications.
• Verifies activities concerned with installation and operational test of moderately complex engineering designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
• Evaluates operational systems and recommends design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunction or changes in system requirements.
• Estimates costs and schedules by reviewing statement of work for new and revised projects.
• Liaison support to production and manufacturing for interpretation of engineering designs/drawings.
• Reviews and selects engineering techniques for suppliers to solve problems and makes design recommendations.
• Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
• Additional responsibilities include the design and liaison of aircraft primary and secondary structure utilizing military and commercial design standards, customer specifications and system requirements utilizing 2D or 3D CAD.
• Performs standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervision necessary for the normal day-to-day operation, not determined at time of hire.
• Provide quick solutions to production problems related to engineering data using Deviation Sheets.
• Tracking all necessary drawing changes until completion.
• Ability to provide technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and/or technicians.