Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrate technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality. May fill in for the Sr. Avionics/Electrical Technician thus insuring that the company’s goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
· Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
· Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
· Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
· Perform and comply with engineering changes and modifications as required.
· Sets up and operates necessary test equipment: conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability
· Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection
· Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components
· Comply with the company’s FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations
***These positions are requiring candidates to be local, or willing to immediately move to Long Beach, CA!***