This will be a Direct Hire position!!!
Manage and oversee a group of aircraft interiors, structures, electrical and systems engineers in support of aircraft STC programs. Maintain appropriate staffing levels, support engineering needs of program management group and monitor engineering schedules and engineering budget.
· Manage the engineering resources to ensure that all needed engineering support is provided in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· A function with limited supervision and has some latitude for unreviewed technical action and budget reallocation decision for assigned projects.
· Schedule work and assign subordinate engineers to accomplish projects within plan and budget.
· Review progress with management and recommend corrective action along with review of alternatives.
· Provide planning and development of resources for project needs that are beyond the scope or capabilities of the existing group.
· Assuring that the quality of work completed is sufficient and that technical milestones are accomplished.
· Establishing and enforcing compliance with company standards and policies.
· Support in the development of new proposals in response to customer requests
· Project Management skills; multi-tasking
· Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
· Familiarity with FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process
· Familiarity with repair, design and analysis of metal, composite and metal-bond structures
· Knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs - from Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations) as they apply to transport category aircraft.
· Knowledge of cabin specific regulatory requirements, including flammability and crashworthiness as examples
· All other duties as assigned.
· Travel is required.