Summary / Responsibilities
· Responsible for engineering IFE projects within the Systems Installation group from an electrical design standpoint; from systems integration to installation.
· Responsible for coordinating with multiple engineering groups and provide guidance as cognizant engineer for retrofit system installation programs.
· Shall be responsible to direct and exercise supervisory direction to core Electrical Engineering team.
· Shall have total system integration knowledge.
· Lead the design and development of in-flight entertainment electrical installation engineering documentation to support airline customer’s requirements.
· Documentation includes aircraft wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, wire removal drawings, electrical load analysis reports, etc. Engineer and guide the core Engineering team with the electrical system designs for new aircraft production and retrofit applications.
· Support Program Management, Certification, Marketing and other departments to coordinate program requirements.
· Provide support for customer meetings, PDRs, CDRs, aircraft surveys, aircraft installations, etc.
· Review new products and provide feedback to Management.
· Track program design schedules and coordinate with other organizations to ensure on-time design deliverables.
· Work with external engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with our systems.
· Guide core Engineering team in system integration and customer coordination. Must have high degree of understanding of aircraft and avionic terms. Must have excellent communication and written skills.
· Must be a highly motivated individual.
· Must have the ability to understand group operations from a high level.
· Must be able to stand in and represent the department in meetings, on telecons, etc. when required.
· Must be able to guide individuals, delegate workload and provide project status.
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and monitor project schedules to ensure on-time delivery.