Responsible for engineering IFE projects within the Systems Installation group from a mechanical design standpoint; from systems integration to installation. Shall be responsible to engineer, design and develop system installation packages based on customers', regulatory and OEM's requirements for production and retrofit applications. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
· Provide support for planning, customer meetings, preliminary design review (PDR), critical design review (CDR), aircraft surveys, aircraft installations, etc.
· Review products and provide feedback to Senior Engineers and Management.
· Coordinate design requirements and review applications for existing programs.
· Work with external engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with our systems.
· Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
· Engineer, Design and Develop System Installation Packages
· Engineer projects from a structural/equipment installation/ wire installation/seat integration design standpoint under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
· Engineer and coordinate electrical, mechanical, and seat installation designs for new aircraft production and retrofit applications.
· Utilize AutoCAD, CATIA, PRO-E or equivalent design tool to perform design responsibilities for wiring and structural installation drawings, etc.
· Provide inputs to Drafters for systems design criteria to support aircraft installations.
· Assist in the guidance and direction for problem solving to Drafters.
· Perform work distribution to Drafters as required under Senior Engineer's guidance.
· Support development of drawing/document standards per customer and regulatory agency requirements.
· Design and develop in-flight entertainment electrical equipment mechanical installation engineering documentation to support airline customer's requirements.
· Documentation includes structural installation of equipment and bracketry, wiring routing drawings, part/assembly drawings, etc.