STS Engineering Solutions is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to work on a 767 Tanker Program in Chatsworth, CA!!
The Aircraft Systems Engineer is responsible for providing technical and engineering support, reviewing all technical directives and issuing engineering orders.
· Provides technical support and engineering disposition in order to resolve aircraft problems of all types.
· Reviews and actions Airworthiness Directives (ADs) so as to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
· Develops and implements engineering modifications and retrofits to the fleet in accordance with OEM service bulletins in order to increase operational revenue or reduce operational costs.
· Obtains regulatory approval for modifications/repair performed on aircraft systems/components.
Maintains awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs
· Acts as a technical liaison with aircraft, engine and component manufacturers, vendors and overhaul agencies regarding the overhaul, repair and modification of aircraft systems and/or components, as required by airline policy.
· Issues engineering documentation such as engineering orders, manual supplements and build specifications as required to support the aircraft maintenance operation.
· Monitors engine in-flight performance data and recommends action to correct abnormal trends.
· Assists Maintenance and Materials Departments with parts and components research in order to determine proper effectivity and interchangeability.
Interfaces with Maintenance, Materials, QA/QC, Flight Operations, In-Flight and Marketing Departments in order to provide solutions to a variety of technical issues on the fleet.
***If interview goes well, candidate MUST take a test at either their facility in Chatsworth, or in Washington State (candidate must get there on his/her own)***