Technical Writers are responsible for reviewing and revising all aircraft maintenance manuals and documents used for maintaining the B737 fleet maintenance program. Compliance with mandated program elements, technical correctness, on-going analysis for program improvement and coordination with Production, Engineering, Planning, Regulatory, and Quality staff are required essential tasks.
· Create and maintain 737 maintenance programs to ensure compliance with FAA and Manufacturer Maintenance requirements.
· Create and maintain Maintenance Task cards. Reviews, implements and ensures technical correctness of all Routine work packages.
· Initiates, reviews, reconciles and processes OEM and company-generated revisions for Aircraft and Component Maintenance manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Fault Isolation manuals, Wiring Diagram manuals, and misc. company produced manuals.
· Incorporates Fleet Lead, Reliability, or Engineering produced revisions to Maintenance Program.
· Generates and monitors Boeing Publication Change Requests and Customer Change Request forms as necessary to correct Boeing errors.
· Maintains historical record of revisions with justification and approval documents.
· Revises Technical Illustrations as necessary to support change requests.
· Interfaces with various M&E departments for continuous analysis and improvements of Maintenance Program.
· Interfaces with Fleet Leads, Engineering, Planning, Regulatory, Quality, and Central Publications to establish revision cycle, work priority, schedules, verification of change request forms and distribution of task cards.